Skin Cancer Management
*No referral needed from GP
Wellcare Skin Cancer Services
What we offer:
At Wellcare we specialise in skin cancer and melanoma detection. That’s why we’re one of the most thorough and trusted skin cancer detection centers in Australia.
We combine state-of-the-art technology with the skills of the highly qualified practitioners and have a far higher chance of diagnosing melanoma at an early stage, when it is most treatable.
Summary of our services:
- Comprehensive head-to-toe skin examination
- Complete recording of all skin lesions in high risk patients
- Sequential Monitoring of moles over time
- Surgical excision of skin cancer
- Corporate skin check
Why we are different:
- we have highly qualified dermatology trained doctors with years of experience in skin cancer detection and management.
- We use the most modern State-of –the –art technology for detection of melanoma and other skin cancer
- Same day appointment for few spot check
- Flexible hours –accessible some after hours period and weekend
- Service is fully bulk billed for pensioners, concession card holders and children
- Free assessment of skin lesion of concern – simply email us the picture of skin lesion of concern – email@example.com
- Free skin cancer education for kids
This option is the most frequent performed and preferred option by the doctor as it ensures there are no areas unchecked, as melanoma can arise in any part of the body.
A thorough head-to-toe skin check by a Skin Cancer Doctor and, if required, further imaging of all significant moles for subsequent expert diagnosis.
We offer same day appointment for checking up to 3 skin spots .
Identify up to three moles that you are worried about to be assessed by the Skin Cancer Doctor, he can then provide information on the areas and advise on next steps, or provide education on detecting changes in your moles.
Skin Cancer Education
Knowledge is power, which is why we want you to know what lesions to look out for and how to protect yourself and your family. Many Wellcare patients have identified skin cancer on their friends and family members after their appointment with Wellcare.
Why not take your kids along to your appointment with you and the doctor can educate them about skin cancer though interactive, fun videos, in the same room, while you continue with your appointment.
For more information about Type of skin cancer click here.
For health care card-holders, pensioners and children, skin cancer services are fully bulk-billed.
Routine skin check,first appointments and annual or biannual routine skin examination are privately billed and cost patient $50 out of pocket after receiving rebate from Medicare.
Studies show that, on average, 2 out of 3 Australians will develop skin cancer. Fortunately if detected early enough skin cancer can be one of the most treatable cancers.
Our focus here at Wellcare Medical Centre is to provide companies/businesses/organisations with the highest level of pro-active health care for their employees.
If you are located in south Brisbane or within the city, Wellcare Medical Centre can visit your workplace to provide convenient, state-of-the-art skin cancer screenings for your employees.
Working closely with clients in the corporate, mining, government and construction trade industries, Wellcare Medical Centre know exactly what is required to deliver competent and accurate skin cancer screenings with minimal disruption to your business activity.
WELLCARE ONSITE SKIN CANCER SCREENINGS AID TO:
- Reduce your company’s risk of liability related to workplace skin cancers
- Provide an important way to improve or support a high standard of OHS practices
- Minimise employee downtime through efficient on-site services
- Educate all staff on the best methods of sun protection whilst at work
- Add value to your business with a Sun Protection Policy and risk assessment report
All patients are provided an on-the-spot report with the outcome of their consultation. In circumstances where an area of risk is identified patients will be provided with the appropriate information on what next steps to take of their treatment, this generally involves referring the participant back to their own Health Care Provider, or where necessary, organizing a specialist consultation.
Please call Wellcare Medical Centre today to organise an on-site Skin Cancer Screening for your business/organisation – (07)3133 4483.
Dr Mohsen Amoli
MD, FRACGP, PGDip Dermatology(UK), Cert Advance skin surgery(UQ), Cert Aesthetic Medicine
Dr Mohsen is a Fellow of Royal Australian College of General Practitioner with 20 years of experience. He has extensive experience in the Dermatology, skin cancer and cosmetic medicine.
He currently involved in training of medical students from Griffiths and Bond University. He worked many years in General Practice and Emergency department before he specializes in Dermatology and Cosmetic medicine. ...
Dr Amoli had various training in the field of Aesthetic medicine and is recognized by top Aesthetic industry leader such as Allergan Australia. He has years of experience in various kind of cosmetic injections such as Anti-wrinkle injection, Dermal Fillers, PRP and skin needling.
He was the co-owner and founder of Simply Laser hair and clinic in Brisbane city with wealth of knowledge and experience in Aesthetic business.
Summary of his qualifications:
- Fellowship of Royal Australian College of General Practitioner (FRACGP)
- Post graduate diploma of Dermatology from Cardiff University PGDip Dermatology (UK)
- Certificate of advanced skin surgery (UQ)
- Certificate of advanced Dermoscopy and skin imaging (SCCA)
- Certificate of Aesthetic medicine – American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine (AAAM)
Dr Dariush Adybeik
MD, FRACGP, PGDip Dermatology(UK), Fellowship Skin cancer (FSCCA)
After achieving RACGP fellowship (FRACGP) and a postgraduate diploma in dermatology from Cardiff University, Darius was trained in advanced skin cancer reconstructive procedures at a private plastic surgery centre at the Gold Coast, QLD for 3 years.
Darius visits WellCare Medical Centre on a monthly basis.”