OBSTETRIC & GYNECOLOGY SERVICES AT WELLCARE MEDICAL CENTRE
Our Obstetric & Gynecology service been set up with provision of providing comprehensive healthcare services for women from adolescence through menopause in Logan area and Brisbane south. Our quality care and commitment to patient care is well known in the community.
Our female Gynaecology trained GPs had previous formal training and many years of experiences in Obstetrics and Gynaecology fields.
Our team of Gynaecology trained female doctor, Registered Nurse and Allied health professionals provides compassionate care for their patients’ most sensitive health issues. They focus on preventive care and patient education. With a modern facility and years of experience, the practitioners at healthy woman clinic are devoted to individual patient-cantered approach.
Our clinic offer after work and late appointments suitable for working people.
- Treatment of Abnormal period including heavy or painful period.
- Treatment of Premenstrual syndrome
- Contraceptive options including emergency contraception
- Mirena insertion, IUD insertion
- Implanon/Contraceptive Rod insertion
- Iron Infusion Clinic
- Breast examination
- Fertility concerns
- Cervical screening – PAP Smear
- Sexual health including STI Screen and treatment
- Assessment and treatment of genital skin lesions including genital wart
- Assessment and treatment of urinary incontinency
- Menopause assessment and comprehensive health assessment for post-menopausal women
- Mental health screen and treatment of depression and anxiety
MATERNITY AND PREGNANCY CARE CLINIC
Services in our pregnancy care clinic are delivered by highly experienced Gynaecology trained female GP. We use modern facilities and advanced technology in our pregnancy care clinic.
Our GPs been involved in pregnancy care for many years and had formal training and relevant work experience in the field. They are well aware of all aspects of pregnancy and very vigilant in early detection of pregnancy related complications.
Our female doctors in Logan are well connected to local public hospitals who can arrange pregnancy shared care for you in a suitable time. Many services can be provided in our clinic with special arrangement with specialist in public hospital.
Our pregnancy care clinic aim to provide care in the community considering all your need in a modern and culturally appropriate way. Our doctors see people with diverse cultural background and are well aware of your cultural needs.
We use the most updated guidelines used in Queensland government hospital for your pregnancy care.
Services provided in our pregnancy care clinic:
- Pre pregnancy planning – review by our doctors and comprehensive assessment and planning before you fall pregnant.
- Screening for high risk pregnancy such as twin pregnancy and people with pre-existing medical condition
- Routine clinical visit during pregnancy
- Screening for genetic disease. eg,. Down Syndrome
- Opportunity to have the same day and emergency appointment if you can any concerns or questions.
- Computerized reminder system for your routine blood tests and Dating and morphology ultrasound.
- Vaccination including the vaccination before and during pregnancy.
- Appointment with our registered nurse to give you further advice about your wellbeing and nutrition and exercise during pregnancy.
- Regular mental health screening for early detection of depression and other mental health issues related to pregnancy.
Our Gynaecology trained female doctors have years of experience in women’s health and preventative medicine. They can help you set up the following strategies to cover common health issues:
- Cardiovascular risk assessment and assessing your risk for heart attack and stroke.
- Common cancer screenings, including breast, bowel, skin, and cervical cancer
- Assessment of emotional well-being, as depression is common in this age
- Regular monitoring of vision to diagnose macular degeneration as early as possible.
- Assessment for incontinence and patient education about pelvic floor exercise.
- Screening for Osteoporosis and bone health.
- Assessment of risk and benefit for hormon replacement therapy (HRT).
Dr Mahjabin Marashi
Dr Mahjabin Marashi is an experienced medical practitioner with over 11 years experience. Her special interest is Obstetric and Gynecology.
Dr Mahjabin has worked as General practitioner and subsequently completed specialist training in Obstetric and Gynecology in a reputable university in Iran.
She has vast experience in the field of Obstetric and Gynecology.
- PAP Smear including difficult smear due patient’s anatomy or previous surgery
- Maternity and Pregnancy care
- Choice of contraception
- Implanon (Contraceptive Bar) Insertion
- Infertility – assessment and management of Infertility.
- Menopause – assessment and management of post-menopausal women and hormone replacement therapy (HRT) She is very passionate about care of elderly population in particular post-menopausal woman. One of Dr Mahjabin’s special interest is helping patient with multiple medication .She strongly support the idea that medications need to be used cautiously with diligent assessment of risk and benefits. She engages an experienced team of allied health professionals and clinical pharmacist to assess the patient’s lifestyle, all their medications and give her patient simpler regime while achieving the best target. She strongly believes in holistic approach in healthcare and provides comprehensive care to her patients. Her kind personality and great teamwork made Dr Mahjabin one of our most popular doctors in the clinic. Dr Mahjabin gives flexibility to her working patient to see her late afternoon (last appointment 6:30 pm) 3 days a week.